Drag & drop reordering of a DataGrid form

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 09:32:15 EDT 2010

> On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 2:51 PM, Monte Goulding
> <monte at sweattechnologies.com> wrote:
>>> 2) A sample stack
>>> http://www.bluemangolearning.com/download/revolution/tools/dragdroptest.zip
>>> The code used in the DG group is similar to the script you shared in
>>> your blog excepted the dragMove handler is missing.
>>
>> Ah, this stack would have been handy. It doesn't work unless you set the dragAction in dragMove though.
>
> Monte,
>
> Right. It seems necessary to set the dragAction in the dragMove
> handler since LiveCode 4.5.
> When I'm running the same stack with Revolution 4.5 dp2 all works like
> a charm without the dragMove handler.

Just to clarify, this is a change in the datagrid library itself not
in the LiveCode engine.
I have tried this by using the revdatagridlibrary stack from the
LiveCode 4.5 into my version of Revolution 4.5 dp2 and now I have to
set the dragAction to make the reorder perform.

Regards,
--
-Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best! 8)
http://www.aslugontheroad.co.cc