Drag & drop reordering of a DataGrid form

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 08:28:12 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 2:23 PM, Monte Goulding
<monte at sweattechnologies.com> wrote:
>> Hold the phone. Looking at the data grid behavior script this might already be a feature but I can't find any docs about enabling it. Trevor?
>
> Talking to myself here but the blog post has been updated with a drag and drop script using the inbuilt support that seems to be undocumented. Scroll to the bottom but I'm leaving my original script as it still might be worthwhile for people that want to give their drag and drop a customised look.
>
> http://goulding.ws/consulting/blog/
>
> Cheers

Hi Monte,

You are correct and Trevor could confirm that: for now there is no
documentation about the drag & drop features of a datagrid.

Concerning Drag & drop, Trevor has shared different links.

1) An example with a mp3 library:
http://tr.im/data_grid

This example shows how reorder lines in a DG or copy lines from a DG
table to a DG form

2) A sample stack
http://www.bluemangolearning.com/download/revolution/tools/dragdroptest.zip
The code used in the DG group is similar to the script you shared in
your blog excepted the dragMove handler is missing.

I shared also a small lab stack one or two weeks ago, to demonstrate
how drag & drop lines from a DG table to another DG table.
http://www.aslugontheroad.co.cc/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=category&download=11:experiment-15-drag-drop-in-dg&id=7:data-grid&Itemid=63

You have found your way with that so I posted this in case it could be
useful for someone in the list.
Anyway the Trevor's mp3 library still interesting to study.

Regards,
--
-Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best! 8)
http://www.aslugontheroad.co.cc