HTML Text

Ray Horsley ray at linkit.com
Fri Oct 1 09:37:25 EDT 2010

Greetings,

Anybody know where images get cached when I set the htmlText of a field to
html which contains image references?

Images come through fine on my machine in development mode (LiveCode 4.5)
but they don't in a standalone on somebody else's running Windows Vista or
7, that is, until the user right-clicks the standalone and chooses "Run as
Administrator".  After they've done that once, however, they can
double-click the standalone later to open it normally, the standalone then
sets the htmlText of the field to the same html, and the images display
fine.  This leads me to believe setting the htmlText of a field caches
images somewhere.  Ultimately, of course, I'd like get a solution for these
other than telling all our users they have to right-click the standalone and
choose "Run as Administrator" to see images when setting the htmlText of a
field.

Greatly appreciate any input here!

Thanks,

Ray Horsley