data from USB joystick

David Glasgow david at dvglasgow.wanadoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 1 03:29:13 EDT 2010

On 28 Sep 2010, at 6:00 pm, -=>JB<=- wrote:

> On Mac I use USB Overdrive.
>
> http://www.usboverdrive.com/USBOverdrive/News.html
>
> -=>JB<=-

Thanks for the suggestion.

I downloaded this shareware, and it does the trick on Mac.  You can set it up so a joystick generates rawkey messages.  This won't be  a solution for delivering a final product, but at least I will be able to do some development work.

The only fly in the ointment is that even when disabled, USBOverdrive blocks scrolling on my Magic Mouse.  It is bad enough that I travel England stroking other people's mice and shouting "D,Oh!" but now I do it on my own mouse.

Best Wishes,

David Glasgow
Carlton Glasgow Partnership

i-psych.co.uk