Nine digit zip codes

James Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 30 17:11:10 EST 2010

Peter,

I have also found this ability to feed addresses to Google Maps
useful, but I normally do this in FileMaker. (I do a lot of database
work around election time for local candidates. The Google maps come
particularly handy in composing Walking Lists for volunteers.)

Using the template from Richard I have been able to work up a stack
that allows one to batch process a list of addresses to obtain the 9
digit zip codes. This is critical if one is doing bulk mailing--where
the 9 digit zip is required. Parsing out the zip code is very easy.

These lists can be purchased but they are very expensive, running into
the hundreds and thousands of dollars.

I have still been unable (even with Richard's help) to construct for
myself the template that is to be POSTed to the US Postal Service web
site. Pity--I'm sure this would be a useful thing to know for future
applications.

I have placed the stack on Rev Online under the title:

        "Get 9 digit zip codes."

So now I have two stacks focusing on the digit nine;  "Nine ball pool"
and "Get 9 digit zip code." My next foray into the digit nine will be
a stack to retrieve 9 digit social security numbers. Now that will be
particularly interesting.  :-)

Jim