Limiting data entry in fields

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Nov 30 15:25:03 EST 2010

Jan Schenkel wrote:

 > Seriously, this is an old question that keeps coming back, and a
 > prime candidate for either an engine-level field "mask", or a
 > community effort to write a behavior script that handles the corner
 > cases and is readily available for download.

Indeed it is.  I've been trying to drum up support for such an
initiative through the Rev Interoperability Group:

The goal would be to make a free (MIT license or public domain) behavior
script that would allow you to have data masking and validation for
fields by just setting properties.

The problem with free code is that it rarely pays the bills, so while
there's been some interest and even a little movement on the design side
of things, it's been hard for any of us to devote the time away from
client work required to steward the project through completion.

RIP is open to all to participate, so if anyone here has a few hours to
spare and would like to help manage that relatively small project, you'd
be a hero to the LiveCode community and everyone would benefit.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World