Advantages of LC as high level language--examples

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Nov 30 08:27:45 EST 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 7:40 PM, Jeff Massung <massung at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry to be blunt, but Lines of Code is one of the most horrible metrics
> for
> defining how productive someone can be in a language. ...
>
> So, now that's out of the way, let's examine why LiveCode *is* more
> productive for many tasks than C or similarly derived languages... LiveCode
> is exactly what it claims to be: Live. Being high-level is simply
> [delicious] gravy.

Agreed. Being "live" is the single biggest benefit and I think RunRev
realized that this is the story they need to share with potential customers.
Hence the name change and the new slogan:

LiveCode
Realise fast, compile-free coding

It really gets to the heart of what the engine offers. While there are more
mature languages out there, I am not aware of any desktop software
development environment that allows you to iterate so quickly on so many
platforms.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems