Can someone explain

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Mon Nov 29 16:25:01 EST 2010

On Nov 29, 2010, at 2:07 PM, Cal Horner wrote:

> I have sifted through the archives and read the documentation and once again
> I am stumped.
>
> Here is the question. What is the difference between a graphic and an image
> object? And how do you create an image object from a graphic?
>
> As with everything else in Elsie(L. C.) I know the answer will be simple. But today I don't feel simple.

A graphic object is a set of defined points and vectors, a mathematical formula, if you will. As such it can be scaled and changed with no loss of quality. Think MacDraw or Adobe Illustrator.

An image object is a bitmap. Each pixel in the bitmap has a defined color (and optionally a transparency value). It will rapidly lose quality if resized or reshaped drastically. Think MacPaint or Photoshop.

You can create an image from a graphic by using the import snapshot command in LiveCode.

HTH

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University