file uploads and progress monitoring on on-rev(reposted )

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Mon Nov 29 09:43:44 EST 2010

(I posted this to the wrong forum and am reposting it in the Revolution -
User forum.  Sorry for the duplication.)

I want to have a way of showing file upload progress on an on-rev page.

I found a script for that on the on-rev forums by 'magix' that was supposed
to show upload progress that but when I tried it it did not work.
http://forums.on-rev.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=330&p=1478&hilit=upload#p1478

I think the reason is that it uses the variables $_SERVER["CONTENT_TYPE"]
and $_SERVER["CONTENT_LENGTH"] which I think are not supported in the irev
server.   There is a thread about this in the on-rev forums.
http://forums.on-rev.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=208&p=1215&hilit=content_length#p1215

I have used Sarah's script for file uploads which does work for uploading
since it uses the $_POST_RAW variable.  However it does not show upload
progress.
http://www.troz.net/onrev/samples/showscript.irev?showscript=upload.irev

One other thing I realized when trying to get the magix script to work is
that if you upload a file from a form on a web page any subsequent scripts
do not run until the upload is finished.   I read that if you want to run
other scripts concurrently you have to have them loaded in iframes.

So is there a way to use Sarah's script to upload and have a way to check
the progress on the server side and then poll that with a small script
running in an iFrame?

or

Is there a way to modify magix's script so that it would parse the
$_POST_RAW data and then pass that in where it uses
$_SERVER["CONTENT_TYPE"] and $_SERVER["CONTENT_LENGTH"].

I guess in short is there a way to mash these two scripts together or is
there another approach I should use?

I noticed also that Revigniter has File Uploads as a to do item.
http://revigniter.com/userGuide/overview/features.html

Any help on this would be appreciated.