A Simple Tree Control for use in Revolution/LiveCode
dixonja at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Nov 28 05:09:14 CST 2010
The 'dvField' Library creates fields that can be used as a 'tree' control that in Runtime Revolution's Revolution / LiveCode stacks and standalones. It will run under both MacOS X and Windows and is simple to use.
A 'dvField' can be placed on any card... well, that makes sense, and what you would expect... more than one 'dvField' can be placed on a card...
A 'dvField' is also able to be created on a card and then used throughout the stack. If you are using a 'dvField' as a source for navigation and would like it to appear on each card to which you navigate, the 'dvField' is updated by the 'dvLibrary' when you move to a different card.... This is opposed to having a 'dvField' , that is being used as a 'source' field on just one card and then showing different groups of say 'fields, buttons and images' when you click on a leaf....
- Create Mac or Windows style 'dvField' tree fields.
- Import data into a 'dvField' from tab-delimited text files or variables from in your scripts
- Change the names of branches and leaves with the popUp menu or script.
- Change the order in which branches and leaves are displayed
- Choose different branch and leaf icons.
- Change the colours of the 'dvField' background to suit the look of your stack.
- Use different colours with which to display branch and leaf text.
- Change data and the look of the 'dvField' on the fly, through a popUp Menu in the IDE.
- Use 36 different commands to control the 'dvField' by script
This is a beta/demo version and cannot yet be registered…. that will be possible within the next few days…
Download the Beta from :-
I would be pleased to hear your questions & comments
info at ihouse.on-rev.com
More information about the use-livecode