on-rev server question

Tim Selander selander at tkf.att.ne.jp
Sat Nov 27 10:50:29 EST 2010

What the cPanel wanted -- public_html/somename.com -- is correct.
What you put in that folder (index.html, etc.) will become the
website for somename.com

When a user types www.somename.com into their browser, the Name
Servers will send the request to the on-rev server, which will
then _automatically_ serve the pages in the somename.com folder
that cPanel created.

The situation you have now will not work. Requests for
www.somename.com will go to on-rev, on-rev will find no folder
called somename.com, so nothing will happen.

Re-name your public_html/somename folder back to
public_html/somename.com and it will work.

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan

On 11/27/10 11:59 PM, Thomas McGrath III wrote:
> My question is that in creating the AddOn Domain at on-rev the New Domain Name said it

was not valid until I added the .com to the end. So somename is
invalid but somename.com was

acceptable. BUT THEN, the cPanel wanted the Document root folder
to be public_html/somename.com

instead of just public_html/somename -- So I took off the .com in
the Document Root field. Everything

  took and now I am waiting.