on-rev server question

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Sat Nov 27 09:59:21 EST 2010

Stephen, Sarah,

Ok, so I tried this and am confused at one point:

1. Buy Domain Name at Go-Daddy. (My son did this)
2. Set Nameservers to ns1 and ns2 servers in Go-Daddy's Domain Manager Panel
3. Create SubDomain in cPanel at loki.on-rev.com with same name as domain (minus the www &  .com)
4. Create AddOn Domain in cPanel at loki.on-rev.com
5. Set Forwarding (Permanent - Forwarding Only) at Go-Daddy to new Sub-Domain at on-rev.
6. Wait

My question is that in creating the AddOn Domain at on-rev the New Domain Name said it was not valid until I added the .com to the end. So somename is invalid but somename.com was acceptable. BUT THEN, the cPanel wanted the Document root folder to be public_html/somename.com instead of just public_html/somename -- So I took off the .com in the Document Root field. Everything took and now I am waiting.

Another question is that the somename.lazyriver.on-rev.com shows an apache page in a cgi folder but I want it to show an index.html from the somename folder instead. Is there a cPanel item that needs changed????

Thank you so much for this.

Tom McGrath III
Lazy River Software
http://lazyriver.on-rev.com
3mcgrath at comcast.net

I Can Speak - Communication for the rest of us...
http://mypad.lazyriver.on-rev.com

I Can Speak on the iPad Store
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/i-can-speak/id364733279?mt=8