on-rev server question

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 18:42:13 EST 2010

> 1. Buy the www.somename.com domain name from Go-Daddy. Did that.
> 2. Create a "Sub-Domain" in CPanel on on-rev.com for somename.lazyriver.on-rev.com
> 3. Create "Addon Domain" in CPanel on on-rev.com for the sub-domain somename.lazyriver.on-rev.com
> 4. Change the G-Daddy service to Forwarding with Masking to point to the Addon-Domain.

This is the way as far as I can remember, except for step 4.
In step 3, you create an add-on domain that points to your new sub-domain.

Then instead of step 4, you log in to GoDaddy and set the name servers
for your new domain to point to the On-Rev name servers.
After this, it might take a few hours for this to propagate before the
link to www.somename.com is actually linked to your on-rev server.

Cheers,
Sarah