datagrid : how to show a list when the user edit a cell?

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Nov 22 15:37:16 EST 2010

I guess you could trap exitField and call a dataGrid function for updating the dataGrid. To pass the proper dataGrid objects to the editable field in the first place, like the selected line and what have you, you can set the dialogData, which is a persistent global for think kind of thing.  That way your exitField handler in the editable field can send messages to the dataGrid to update it.

If the list is part of the row template, even better.

I would definitely go through the DataGrid tutorial that (I think) Trevor Devore did. Very helpful.

Bob