Blend level scale query

David Glasgow david at dvglasgow.wanadoo.co.uk
Sat Nov 20 05:44:34 EST 2010

On 19 Nov 2010, at 5:23 am, Scott Rossi wrote:

> Subject: Re: Blend level scale query
>

> Not sure what you're looking for here David.  AFAIK, blendLevel is simply a percentage of opacity.  I have seen opacity treated in other tools using levels from 0 to 255, so I'm pretty sure finer increments of opacity are possible beyond those addressable in LC.
>
> Regards,
>
> Scott Rossi

Essentially, I wanted to know whether there are any standard units of opacity, like luminence, kilos, amps, etc etc.  That would be good to know and understand, but I also want to be sure that at a given opacity in a standalone, the underlying object or text will be similarly visible on different platforms.

So, if an object is slowly becoming translucent, and the user discriminates an object underneath at say LC blendlevel 25, could it be said another person on another machine achieving the same thing is actually experiencing the same task and demonstrating the same perceptual skill.

Best Wishes,

David Glasgow
Carlton Glasgow Partnership

i-psych.co.uk