Strange Datagrid Column Problem

Peter Haworth pete at mollysrevenge.com
Thu Nov 18 17:19:25 EST 2010

I've customised a datagrid column to contain a checkbox.  Right after
the customisation, the checkbox shows up in the column just fine.  I
then added the following line of code in the FillInData handler for
the column:

set the hilite of button 1 of the long ID of me to handleBoolean(pData)

.. and I get the message "an error has occurred in behavior for the
column template: Object: can't set this property.

I've used this same code in other datagrids to handle checking and
unchecking check boxes and it works fine.

So I stuck an answer information right before that line of code to
display the name of the control just to make sure I was looking at the
correct control:

answer information the name of button 1 of the long ID of me

The display shows the correct name for the check box but it says it is
a field, not a checkbox so no wonder it can't set the hilite property!

Any ideas as to how my checkbox got to be a field?  And even more
puzzling, how does the display of the name of a button show it to be a
field?

Pete Haworth