Stackrunner

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 14:32:27 EST 2010

On 11/17/2010 09:24 PM, Devin Asay wrote:
> On Nov 17, 2010, at 12:22 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:
>
>> Thanks.  It will be a huge amount of work for me to change icon
>> numbers everywhere so I guess Stackrunner won't work for me.  Oh well!
> Pete,
>
> You could include the Image Library stack with your stack and start using it when it's opened by Stack Runner.
>
> Devin

RR/LC is infinitely flexible, and Devin's suggestion should remind us
all that RR/LC is itself
implemented in RR/LC (even if, frankly, that is rather difficult to
conceptualise), and as such,
most componets of the IDE can be moved, as substacks, to one's own
stacks, and then sent
off with StackRunner, or the Metacard IDE (that does NOT contain lots of
components that
are present in the RR/LC setup), to do whatever one wants.

In fact, one of the first things I did, in 2001 when I "discovered" RR,
was start unpacking the thing
as a way to understanding how it worked.

If one is not entirely happy with the RR/LC GUI one can use components
from it to build an
individualised GUI, either on the RR/LC GUI, or by hacking the MC GUI.
While this rarely
results in anythibg particularly better, it does prove an instructive
exercise rather in the
same sort of way as one unpacks a series of nested Russian dolls.