Windows Version problems

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Wed Nov 17 13:45:19 EST 2010

On Nov 17, 2010, at 10:52 AM, Joe Lewis Wilkins wrote:

> Hi Dixie,
>
> I guess it IS a little confusing. I have a main-stack and two sub-stacks. The user has to answer questions presented in the Main-stack. The information required to answer the questions is located in one of the sub-stacks - The Reference Stack. When a question is presented in the Main-stack, information that will allow the question to be answered is presented by opening and going to a card in the sub-stack that contains that information. That is done automatically when the user goes to a card in the Main-stack with each question. The user must read the information and then return to the Main-stack to answer the question. The questions and the process are quite complex. Sometimes the user must answer a series of other questions in the sub-stack before s/he can answer the Main-stack question. Those questions are presented in yet a third stack. Based on how each of these questions is answered, eventually a report is generated that tells the user what they must do to their project in order to make it compliant with a set of rules that are outlined in the Reference Sub-stack. As I said, it IS quite complex.
>
> Less confused? Probably not! (smile)

Joe,

It might work to use push card and pop card. The push card list can allow you to go several "layers" in to a series of cards, and then you should be able to "backtrack" out of the series using pop card. You'd have to be scrupulous about always matching pushes with pops to end up at the original location, but it should work reliably, regardless of whether the 'pushed' cards are in a substack, mainstack or even a completely different stack file.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University