LiveCode and the Mac App Store

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Wed Nov 17 09:13:45 EST 2010

Ron,

I haven't used LC for the APPLE desktop store yet but I am developing a few applications for the APP iOS store. In the APP iOS store application you can not spit out stacks as in 1. and although you could auto check for upgrades 3. you could not download them because Apple won't allow it except through the APP iOS store upgrade mechanism. I do list my homepage in my app and on the APP iOS store in iTunes.

I would assume that for the APPLE desktop store there will be some restrictions but not as tight as the APP iOS store. I haven't looked into it yet but I would think that the auto upgrade 3. will not be possible since by using the APPLE store your are agreeing to use their auto upgrade features. Not sure about the prefs or saving a stack out or the home page listing for an APPLE desktop store application.

Tom McGrath III
Lazy River Software
http://lazyriver.on-rev.com
3mcgrath at comcast.net

I Can Speak - Communication for the rest of us...
http://mypad.lazyriver.on-rev.com

I Can Speak on the iPad Store
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/i-can-speak/id364733279?mt=8