DOWNLOADING REV 4.0.0

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Nov 16 23:39:25 EST 2010

>> Frankly, distributing a stack with a stackrunner as a commercial
>> package doesn't look that good;
>> especially as anybody who can get their paws (sweaty or otherwise)
>> on a copy of RR/LC can merrily
>> start mucking around with your stack.
>
> Agree with that.  That's one of the reasons I've never liked using a
> secondary stack file as a solution to the problem of not being able to
> store data in a standalone.

You *can* of course password protect your stack, and on OS X you can put the
stack inside the StackRunner bundle. And of course you can change the name
of the StackRunner app and even modify its info.plist file on OS X to
customize it even more - the only thing you can't do is eliminate the "Get
Info" information since that's embedded in the resources of the executable.

Just my 2 cents,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com