LiveCode Personal Banner

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 12:01:10 EST 2010

On 11/16/2010 06:53 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> Hey, back then 10 seconds was lightening quick for ANY application to launch! I can remember waiting a minute or more for Photoshop.
>
> Bob

I cannot get upset about a 10 second wait; as it takes about 4 minutes
for my Linux box to boot and
login, and 1 minute for my microwave oven to heat me up a cup of coffee
the whole 10 seconds
thing seems a bit silly.

However; intrusive banners on standalones, as such, can be annoying.

The whole thing reminds me of some idea I heard in the States when I was
studying over there
to give away free PCs that would be constantly connected to the internet
and have about 25%
of the monitor space taken up with ever-changing advertisements:
probably better not to have
a PC at all at that rate!