LiveCode Personal Banner

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 11:56:31 EST 2010

On 11/16/2010 06:46 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> That's because they are just kids. This target market is seasoned developers looking for a "better way" to do what they already can.
>
> Bob

I was not replying to some question about what RR/LC's target market
might or might not be.

I was replying to the claim that because RR/LC was extremely powerful it
would turn off
hobbyists.

Between "seasoned" developers (why does that word "seasoned" make me
want to say
"Isn't it time you had a bath?" ?) and "just kids" (and, by-ther-way,
"just kids" turn into
adults [by an entirely natural process, so I am led to believe] with
money in their pockets)
there is a whole continuum of people who might, just possibly, be
interested in RR/LC;
and if RunRev ONLY target "seasoned" developers they might be missing a
lot of would-be
clients.

Why do these discussions always end in somebody getting "all snobby"
about developers?