Audio Triggering + Mouse Event latency

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 11:01:41 EST 2010

On 11/16/2010 05:41 PM, Jim Sims wrote:
> On Nov 16, 2010, at 4:36 PM, Richmond wrote:
>
>> "Nostromo gamepad" he cackled manically for the 45th time . . .
> Could you explain what you mean? I have no idea what you are talking about.
>
> sims

Nor have I half the time . . .  :)

The Belkin Nostromo Gamepad is a USB gamepad that I use both with Mac
and Linux for programming in RR/LC; it sends keyDown signals and can be
configured to do pretty well what you like.

IFF one connects it to a Mac that DOES NOT have the Nostromo
driver-pref-pane installed
the Mac sees it as an unrecognised keyboard.

Some "Dictaphone" transcription foot-pedals can also be configured to send a
keyDown from one or more of the foot-pedals.

http://www.nxpeds.com/

http://www.altoedge.com/pedals

http://www.pedalpax.com/  {this lot look particularly interesting]

and this one for the "funny bunch":