Follow the rev tools palette by a window

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 06:22:30 EST 2010

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 12:59 PM, Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com> wrote:

> No, unfortunately I cannot; there is a significantly reduced lag-time
> than before the update, but there still is a lag-time:
>
> RR 4.5, Ubuntu 10.10

Richmond,

Thanks for your feedback.
I tried on the 3 platforms:

- Mac OS : no lag
- Windows : no lag
- Ubuntu : lag

Then I create two stacks. In the first stack I added this script

on moveStack
    set the topleft of stack "myStack2" to the topright of this stack
end moveStack

By moving the first stack I got a lag-time (and a small bug in the
location of the second stack).

In a more general use, the Linux version seems to be less reactive,
but I'm in a VM

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 1:01 PM, Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why don't you just hack the revTools stack; then end-users can
> swap-out their original revTools stacks with yours ???

The code of the revTools palette could be changed in further version,
so I prefer to keep my code outside it.
Plus, the lag-time seems not linked to the way I use but to the
LiveCode interaction with Linux, so reside directly in the code of the
revTools palette should be not helpful here, I think

Thanks for your suggestion anyway.

Best regards,
--
-Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best! 8)