Getting the weekday name

Peter Haworth pete at mollysrevenge.com
Sat Nov 13 16:44:59 EST 2010

I'm using the datetimetoJulian function in Sarah's great datetime
stack as part of a way to get the alpha weekday name.  The words in
Sarah's stack say that it's possible to get the day number of the week
by taking the remainder of dividing the Julian days by 7 but when I do
that, I consistently get a day number that is 2 less than it should be
- that's assuming of course that day 1 would be Sunday.

I can always just add 2 to the day number but wondering if anyone
knows why this would happen?

Pete Haworth