LiveCode Personal Banner

Éric Miclo eric.miclo at wanadoo.fr
Sat Nov 13 11:02:26 EST 2010

Hello,

I totally agree.
Since I've seen that my educational license shows a nagging startup screen every time an application is launched, I've decided that I won't use the new version of LiveCode.
I've bought a legal copy of it and made some applications that are distributed at not charges in all the schools in my woking area. I don't want to annoy teachers having to use the applications. I don't want to have to answer phone calls asking me why the application now shows a message written in english and why they have to wait to use it.
It's really annoying people who bought a legal copy to use it in a legal way. I guess that other people can find a way to use a full copy without buying it, something that I don't want to do.

If only RunRev had decided to add something concerning the license type in an about box or just before/after the user displays the application's about box it would have been far less annoying.

I really won't deploy applications with the new version of LiveCode as long as that startup message is there. I won't pay for update plans neither as I don't like such surprises when other features that were once again on the list for the next version are just "forgotten". I don't like paying for something that changes once it's delivered.

Best regards,

ÉrIC Miclo