Globals in debugger insight?

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Fri Nov 12 13:33:03 EST 2010

Thanks, Jacques.

I, too have noticed that unchecking the "show Globals" checkbox in the
script editor pane of the preferences does not hide system globals. It is not a
speed issue, but rather one of overcrowding. The global list is loaded
first, and then all the context variables. Hard to debug through all that.

But if I declare a global in any handler and then debug, the system globals
disappear, and all works fine. If I then delete that global, the good
behavior persists, even through subsequent sessions. Something is remembered when
the checkbox in the preferences stack is checked, and at least one global
is declared in a handler that catches a breakpoint. I think this is
reproducable. I added this to the QA report.

On another note, I was not able to get Thierry's revDebugger hack to work.
No effect...

Craig Newman

Craig Newman