Performance Mystery Solved - IT'S THE DATA STUPID!!

Peter Haworth pete at mollysrevenge.com
Fri Nov 12 12:44:54 EST 2010

No problem Richard, fun tracking this stuff down.  After your last
email, I now understand the exact reason for the slowdown.

I now plan to switch all my long name references over to use the
control ID.  Everything in the doc says using the ID should be a safe
way to uniquely identify a control but I've seen a few posts recently
seeming to indicate that might not be the case (I know stack IDs
change, just referring to control IDs).  There's a little trepidation
on my part about that because I occasionally see posts that suggest
that maybe there's issues with the uniqueness of IDs but hopefully I
won;t run into them!

Pete Haworth