Help: Id's can be completly unreliable

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Nov 10 18:54:16 EST 2010

> Thanks for the background on that.
>
> If you have a recipe for that please submit a bug report, but to be honest I've never seen anything like that in 12 years of working with this engine.
>
> IDs normally begin at 1001 and increment from there for every object added to the stack.

I tried setting the stack id to 0 which should mean the id of the next control to be added to the stack would be 0 and it causes an execution error. Interestingly though it is possible to set the id to a negative number although ids of new objects will always be greater than 0. I ended up with two buttons with the same id which means you can't inspect the second one.

Cheers

Monte