Help: Id's can be completly unreliable

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Nov 10 18:20:36 EST 2010

On 11/10/10 5:05 PM, Claudi Cornaz wrote:

> The names of the grp's I copy have names like "textPiece" for instance
> (this is the one I have trouble's with right now)
> I have to say, this grp belongs to a grp called "textPieceTmplts". I
> will change this name to see if that will make a difference.
> Also like I wrote in my first mail, I found in a rev lib stack a comment
> that the engine sometimes returns 0 as ID for controls
> so apparently the 'wizards' in Edinburgh know about this.

I think you should submit a bug report, and a sample stack if you can
make a reliable one. I've never seen a copied object with an ID 0, and I
don't think it should happen. Do you remember which rev library had the
comment in it? I'd like to see it.

You shouldn't have to rename your group, the name you are using is fine.
Something else is causing the problem.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com