Beachball cursor Help

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Nov 9 13:36:30 EST 2010

On 11/9/10 11:33 AM, Peter Brigham MD wrote:
> It
> does seem that setting a cursor to an animated GIF ought to work out of
> the box the way setting a button icon to an animated GIF does.... But if
> there's a workaround for cursors I'd settle for that for now.

I don't think animated cursors are supported. I believe the new color
cursor feature just translates standard image formats to the very
specific requirements that cursors have in LiveCode. We used to have to
do some of that ourselves, only with more limitations on color depth.
Gifs for sure won't work, because they will get translated to the
engine's internal format, so they are no longer gifs any more. Or,
that's my take on it anyway.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com