standalone image problem

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Sun Nov 7 17:15:00 EST 2010

On Nov 6, 2010, at 11:29 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Devin Asay wrote:
>
>> The tricky thing about standalone apps on OS X is that, if you
>> do not set the defaultFolder in the stack, the defaultFolder
>> will be the folder where the .app bundle resides.
>
> For many years the engine used the folder where the executable resides
> as the defaultFolder, which for Mac was inside the bundle - when did
> this change?

I do remember it changing, but I don't remember exactly when. It's actually really handy, because you can choose to have the .app bundle's parent folder be the defaultFolder, or you can set it explicitly and hide all of your resource files and stacks inside the .app bundle.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University