linux question

Damien Girard dam-pro.girard at laposte.net
Tue Nov 2 19:14:57 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have took a look at the highpoint-tech.com website, and the driver that they provide does not seems old, they claim that they support linux kernel up to 2.6.31.

But making it working it seems to be an harder things :)

By the way, on Debian before everything you will need to install the meta-package "build-essential" and the package "linux-kernel-headers". (apt-get install ...)

Then go to the subfolder (of the archive):
$ cd rr268x-linux-src-v1.xx/product/rr2680/linux/
$ make
And as root
# make install

And to load the driver (as root):
# modprobe rr2680

To launch the driver at boot time, on Debian append the following line to the file "/etc/modules":
rr2680

I hope that I gave you some clues about solving the problem ^^

Kind Regards,

Damien Girard
NativeSoft, France.