OT: linux question

Tim Selander selander at tkf.att.ne.jp
Mon Nov 1 22:37:44 EDT 2010

A question to the Linux users here.... I'm trying to set up a 16
drive Debian NAS to hold our production company's footage
archive. Bought a HighPoint 2680 SATA card because they claimed
Debian compatibility. But their stock drivers are so old, I can't
even find the distribution they match. They also have the source
code so you can compile a new kernel to support the card. I
tried, but being a Linux newbie, failed in all attempts. Can't
even get the 'tree' downloaded, whatever that is!

If, say, I could pay one of you to compile the kernel/driver for
me, is there a way you can do that and then send it to me for an
easy install here? No idea if kernel files can just be swapped
out...  I would make space on my ftp server for you to upload the
finished file(s) too.

Any chance this would work?

Thanks,

Tim Selander