[OT] Browsing the internet... It is safer from Linux?

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon Nov 1 15:19:54 EDT 2010

Alejandro,

Steve Gibson is a well known security consult who makes his living dealing
in cyber security-- and he lives right here in Austin, TX. I've known him
for a long time, and he's very respected in the industry, as is Leo Laporte.
Steve's extremely detail oriented to the point of compulsion about security,
and his software attempts to point out any potential vulnerability, no
matter how small. I haven't tested my system with his ShieldsUp! diagnosis
software for at least a couple years now-- and when I just did, I received a
perfect score.

Like Bob has said, any platform  with any security configuration, can be
exploited using social hacks.

So, like the great majority (75+% worldwide?) of users, I continue to use
Windows. I am sorry you have found it too insecure and problematic to use.
Perhaps you should consider running it inside a virtual instance? Or,
download AVG and learn about how to avoid social hacks.