[OT] Browsing the internet... It is safer from Linux?

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 14:25:29 EDT 2010

Hi Chipp,

Chipp Walters wrote:

> AVG does regular scans of my drives.
> [snip]
> And seeing how I make my living on my Windows machine,
> and have since around 1994 (before that it was a Mac),
> I would find it very debilitating to have to take it off the
> network because I was scared of malware.

Completely agree. :-)

Chipp Walters wrote:

> [snip]
> But, if anyone is very concerned of such attacks,
> than by all means unplug it from the network.
> And NEVER plug a USB drive into it. And it's always a
> good idea to unplug it from the wall during a storm--
> while you stand under a doorway or curl up fetal-like
> in the tub-- just to be super safe.

This last part sounds like an idea for a comedy sketch in
Satuday Night Live (using dramatic background music)
or Mad Magazine (with a suitable drawing style)
ROTFL...  :-D

Anyway, probably my reaction is a direct result of
hearing these podcast from "Security Now!"
http://www.grc.com/securitynow.htm

If...
you do not feel deeply concerned about your Windows
OS security (after hearing many of their podcast),
then...
you are definitely more confident than me
about the security of your System.
end if...

What does everybody think about these security topics
explained in these podcasts?

Al