rev stacks on the iPad [SOLVED]

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Sun May 30 12:42:36 EDT 2010

On 05/30/2010 at 10:49 AM, Bill Ziegler <billziegler at mac.com> wrote:
> My question is this;
> Is it possible to tether the iPad to a Mac or PC, using Bluetooth or
> Wifi (not Internet), located in the same room. Essentially the iPad
> would act as a touch interface AND display for the host computer,
> respond with little delay and channel any audio through the iPad.
>
> I don't have experience with ipad remote apps but have read that the
> "logmein" app doesn't transmit audio to the iPad.

I just realized this may be over-complicated by thinking you have to use
'software' for audio. If the computer is in the same classroom, why not
just use off-the-shelf wireless headphones with the transmitter connected
to the PC in the room. The rev app will work normally, including audio, but
the display will simply be a remote session on the iPad (uh-umm, or Android
tablet) device. If course, after testing and finding out there is display
lag, you may need to incorporate an appropriate audio delay in your app to
compensate.

~Roger Eller