Short name and long name

Marty Knapp martyknapp at comcast.net
Fri May 28 15:11:10 EDT 2010

Let's say a user creates a stack from one of my templates, then later in
the Finder, changes its name. Now there's a discrepancy between the
short name and the long name. Is that a problem or does Rev understand
this? Or should I construct a routine to parse the file name out and set
the name to correct for this?

I'm trying to think of everything that could go wrong with my
application in the hands of others and account for it. It's a lot easier
to write apps for your own use (which is what I mostly do), where you
understand the logic and tend not to do anything to mess things up (most
of the time!) . . .

Thanks,
Marty