Testing a DB connection

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed May 26 13:38:59 EDT 2010

On May 26, 2010, at 1:23 PM, Andre Garzia wrote:

> I know sqlYoga does that and if the connection died, it tries to
> reopen it
> but I don't know the implementation details.

All SQL Yoga queries go through a central handler that checks for a
particular error message from RevDB. If the error is known to be
caused by the server disappearing then SQL Yoga tries to reconnect
once and run the query again.

I currently have code in place for MySQL and SQLite (SQLite can
sometimes has issues if running over a network drive).

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems