Hard CASE: cracking the nut?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed May 26 13:29:19 EDT 2010

  A while back Scott Rossi wrote:

"Maybe because standalones have an (editable) script limit of 10 lines,
meaning you can't build scripts dynamically in standalones that exceed
10 lines.  There is no such limit in the IDE."

seems not to, directly refer to my script problem;

EXCEPT; my problematic script (that works in a stack, but not in a
standalone)
thread through a variety of scripts that exceed 10 lines and reside in
fields.

Does anybody know if reffing scripts infields is interpreted as building
scripts dynamically as they are not directly entered in the 'script space'
of a particular object ?

If the above is so; would I be able to circumvent the need to store
socking-great
scripts many times over in each object by stroing a script as a custom
prop in
an object than can be reffed from other objects (why do I get a funny
feeling
that scripts stored in custom props can only be accessed by that
particular object???)?

How about storing the script in the stack / card script and calling it????

How about running down the main street with a plastic bag on my head
shouting
"noodly, noodly, noodly, pip, pip, pip, poop" ?

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.