GLX Application Framework: difference between a resource and a stack

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed May 26 11:34:54 EDT 2010

On May 25, 2010, at 7:26 PM, David Bovill wrote:

> On 25 May 2010 20:59, Trevor DeVore <lists at mangomultimedia.com> wrote:
>
>> Standalone Resources are files that need to be included when
>> building the
>> app but which aren't explicitly loaded when you open the
>> application in Rev.
>>
>> http://revolution.screenstepslive.com/spaces/revolution/manuals/glxapp/lessons/5558-How-Do-I-Include-Supporting-Files-Folders-When-I-Build-My-Application-
>>

> So why do you add the Datagrid library as a Resource in the other
> tutorial?

Because you don't want to load the data grid library in the IDE (the
IDE already does that). This is explained in the lesson on including
the data grid library.

http://revolution.screenstepslive.com/spaces/revolution/manuals/glxapp/lessons/6887-What-is-the-Best-Way-To-Include-the-Data-Grid-Library-

> NB - how do I check that I have the latest version?

The official build is listed on the web page:

http://www.bluemangolearning.com/revolution/software/libraries/glx-application-framework/

This is the build that is documented. I have posted newer builds for
some folks though and you may have one of those.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems