Galaga 1990

Geoff Canyon Rev gcanyon+rev at gmail.com
Wed May 26 03:03:11 EDT 2010

You definitely don't want to do this by positioning everything every
time you update. Instead, the move command is your special friend
here. For the enemy, you can plot out a randomized course from the top
to the bottom, and then tell it to follow that path in a set amount of
time. The bullets are even easier since they just have to go from
bottom to top. I did a quick hack job, cutting the code about in half
and speeding it up significantly. It now handles three enemies and 11
bullets without breaking a sweat on my macbook. Here's the stack:
http://snurl.com/wsclc and here's the article I posted with some
comments: http://gcanyon.posterous.com/a-blast-from-my-programming-past