Listing available MYSQL databases

Bob Cole bobcole at earthlink.net
Tue May 25 23:42:35 EDT 2010

If you put "SHOW DATABASES;" in a text file on the target
machine then you can execute the following statements
(watch for line breaks):
     put "/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql -u username -ppassword < '/usr/local/ShowDatabases.txt'" into myCommand
     put shell(myCommand) into message box
That works for me on my Mac with OS X 10.6.3
Bob