Apad - The Andriod iPad

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Sun May 23 11:35:00 EDT 2010

> Ruslan Zasukhin <ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com> wrote:
>> And ... No promise that next version of Android OS will work on this
device.
>> So you will be happy to trash it.

Someday soon, I can imagine major newspapers providing similar
very-low-cost (disposable) Android tablets as their 'green initiative'.
Think about it... a comfortable size tablet, included for free if you get a
2 - 3 year subscription.

>> IMO this is the most weak place of Android ...
>>
>> They go by MS way -- any hardware, open devices ... As result incredible
>> zoo. Tons of drivers ... Overloaded systems ...

I like having a choice between multiple hardware providers. Competition
makes them try harder to make better products and lower prices. I see your
point about being overloaded with unnecessary drivers, etc. It can be
confusing to us humans. But in this age of technology, shouldn't the
computer/pad be smart enough to pick the correct driver on its own?

Sarah Reichelt <sarah.reichelt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I agree with you there Ruslan.
> Except that I think Android is going to become the Linux of mobile
> devices, rather than the Microsoft.
>
> Cheers,
> Sarah

There have been a few posts in agreement, for various reasons, that the
Apad may not be the best choice for an Android device to test revMobile
apps on. I would like to hear recommendations on other low-mid range
devices that you guys would get as a testing platform. The iPad of course
is not an option, or is it? I know that Android has been installed on an
iPhone, although it probably voided the commandments.

Has the Rev team stated which version of Android will be the minimum spec -
1.5, 1.6 or 2.x?

~Roger Eller