revLet: dynamic resizing when browser window resizes

David Bovill david at vaudevillecourt.tv
Sun May 23 09:53:01 EDT 2010

On 22 May 2010 19:04, Alejandro Tejada <capellan2000 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been thinking about how to solve
> the desconfiguration of screen interfaces
> when users rezise stacks, or in this case
> resizes the webpage.
>
> This problem is especially notorious when
> stacks have multiple cards.
>
> Recreating and/or resizing all the elements
> of the card interface in a preopencard
> handler could position and resize correctly
> most controls.
>
> This solution requires to describe all widths,
> heights and location of controls as proportions
> of card dimensions using (like html) percents.
>
> Have you created such handlers to manage
> proportionally position and dimensions of
> controls in a card?

Yes - I totally obsessive about it. Pretty well all the prototyping I do is
with views that scale to the view port. I've always hated fixed width views
and web sites - for completely unreasonable reasons. So all my groups have
resize handlers and I can script the equivalent of "put that group in that
rectangle of that card or group" - with a resize handler on preopencard you
get what you are describing.