howto export a styled formated field to text file

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Sun May 23 04:00:36 EDT 2010

Your question is confusing to me. Not sure what you are asking so I'll make
assumptions.

The only way to save styled text in a field is by using the HTMLText or
RTFText properties of the field.  Get the saved htmltext back from the
database and set the field to the data.

If it's a database, use an extra field in the DB to store the htmltext. If
you need a file format for saving individual scripts for later editing, how
about custom properties in stack files (rather than plain text files) as
data storage?

if you need to save formatted source html, just save the html as htmlText.
It will look like hell, but it should work.

maybe one of my answers is right?