libURLftpCommand help required please....

Bob Earp rjearp at hotmail.com
Sat May 22 15:38:31 EDT 2010

I'm trying to send an ftp command to a site, and being a neophyte at these things I'm not having much success.  This is what I'm using, what's wrong with it ?
put libURLftpCommand("LIST",ashford.ca,test at ashford.ca,"myTest") into fld "results"
The example above is using LIST as the ftp command,  ashford.ca as the host address, test at ashford.ca is the username and myTest is the password.  If I use the same parameters in FileZilla all works OK.  Yes, these are all real parameters, at least until I get things going and delete the ftp site ;-)
Eventually I'm hoping to read & write permissions of a file in that location.  When I finally get things going I promise I'll share a sample app that demos how this all works, for anybody who is interested.  Then again, maybe there is one already out there somewhere ?
Many thanks in advance, Bob...
Bob Earp - White Rock, British Columbia