[SQL][On-Rev] Bulk import into PostgreSQL on On-Rev

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Sat May 22 11:17:00 EDT 2010

Hi Kay,

> That seems sensible to me. I was just replying to comments
> made by Bob and in many respects made by yourself in another
> Thread. Andre mentioned using Valentina Free Server on
> On-Rev, but you countered that On-Rev was commercial
> therefore it should be Valentina Office Server.
>
> So given that Valentina offers Valentina Free Server for
> non-profits, like churches, how is possible for a church to
> create an online Address Book db, if you've stated that
> On-Rev would have to  use the commercial Valentina Office Server?
>
> I'd love to see Valentina offered as an option on On-Rev, but
> if it is at additional cost, because it's Officer Server,
> then I'll have to continue with postgreSQL because my dbs are
> all non-profit.

Business guy here, Valentina hat on :-)

Valentina on On-Rev is still a topic on the table. The reality is that a
malicious curveball launched from a location in California is causing a
momentary distraction to all parties. What Ruslan is talking about is how
other products are licensed to ISPs, who then make choices about how they
handle passing those costs onto their customers. Too many variables at this
point to make much of it as of today.

Another consideration is that On-Rev is currently a combination of app
server licensing + ISP. A new dimension appears when/if On-Rev's App Server
becomes available for licensing to customers so they can run it on their
own.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President