[SQL][On-Rev] Bulk import into PostgreSQL on On-Rev

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sat May 22 08:32:48 EDT 2010

On 22/5/10 2:15 PM, "Kay C Lan" <lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 6:39 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin <
> ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com> wrote:
>

>> * mySQL server is free for ISP itself.
>>    but if ISP now give access to his clients,
>>    clients should pay commercial license.
>>

> That seems sensible to me. I was just replying to comments made by Bob and
> in many respects made by yourself in another Thread. Andre mentioned using
> Valentina Free Server on On-Rev, but you countered that On-Rev was
> commercial therefore it should be Valentina Office Server.
>
> So given that Valentina offers Valentina Free Server for non-profits, like
> churches, how is possible for a church to create an online Address Book db,
> if you've stated that On-Rev would have to  use the commercial Valentina
> Office Server?

If REV-ONLINE will use Valentina Office Server
    (on any agreement)

Then we do not care how many dbs/users is used there.
We sale - instance of vserver.

So as far as I see, usage of vserver should not change price model of
rev-online seri

> I'd love to see Valentina offered as an option on On-Rev, but if it is at
> additional cost, because it's Officer Server, then I'll have to continue
> with postgreSQL because my dbs are all non-profit.

As far as I see, REV can pay once for single copy of vserver and after that
start earn on that.

Postgre always is a good choice now, because nobody even discuss yet really
usage of vserver there. Only we here on list :)

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin
VP Engineering and New Technology