Import AddressBook using Automator action from Rev

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Fri May 21 20:31:48 EDT 2010

2010/5/22 JosepM <jmyepes at mac.com>:

> Hi,
>
> Any know how to call a Automator action .flow from Rev using Applescript?
> The flow first select one, many or all the contacts from the AddressBook and
> export into tabbed text.
>
> >From the Automator the action run fine, but from the Applescript nop. I
> don't know how pass the selection of contacts. I see that this is a quickly
> way to import the contacts into Rev.
>
> The actions are:
>
> Get Specified Address Book Items.action and Get Contact Information.action
> I put thogther into a Automator flow...
>
> Any help? please... :)
>
> Salut,
> Josep
> --

Just found an old automator flow I made in 10.5 to accomplish this task:

- keep in a variable the selected files
- execute an applescript script to retrieve the current container of
the selected files
- create a new folder in the container
- put the selected files in the new folder

Not your needs of course, but the flow could give you a few clues how
to pass automator variables to an applescript script nested in the
flow.

In this nested script you could easily use Revolution with the do
script command.
You could as well prepare a button in Revolution to open a flow saved as an app.

Have also a look to this link:
http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/AppleApplications/Conceptual/AutomatorConcepts/Articles/HowAutomatorWorks.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40001509-97230-BAJHHDGF

Be free to contact me off-list if you want that I send you this flow.

Regards,
--
-Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best! 8)
http://www.aslugontheroad.co.cc